Hello you wonderful people.
How are you?
And how am I?…Well, to be honest, life’s been pretty rough at the moment. Not only did I have a bit of a breakdown at uni (you know the type…”OH MY GOD I’M SO BAD AT LIFE I CAN’T DO THIS ANYMORE“)…I also got a bad tummy bug, have to tackle writing my dissertation, AND deal with the fact I got broken up with by the person who I naively thought was the love of my life.
BUT…this gal doesn’t sit around feeling sorry for herself for too long, because there is SO much to be happy about.
So if you’re feeling pretty down, or want to be reminded of all those little things that can make you smile, then you’ve definitely come to the right place.
50 things to be happy about
1) You have the rest of your life ahead of you. Imagine all of the adventures, memories and incredible insta snaps you can create in that time!
2) Making lists
3) Hot chocolates
4) Finding a five pound note in your old coat under the stairs
5) Hearing somebody laugh
6) Sleeping until the afternoon
7) Walking in Autumn leaves
8) Lighting scented candles
10) Getting into your comfy pyjamas after a long day
11) Hot bubble baths
12) Trashy reality TV
13) Old photographs
14) Bursts of motivation
15) Laughing until your stomach hurts
17) Body positive days
18) Music that makes you dance around your bedroom
19) Seeing people greeting their loved ones at the train station or airport
20) Jumping into a swimming pool and it being warm
23) Having a few more minutes until your alarm goes off
24) Family and friends
26) Eating a delicious meal and having to unbutton your trousers because you’re that full
27) Treatin’ yo’self whilst shopping
28) Watching your favourite film
29) Sunny days
30) Discovering a good book
31) Deep chats about life
32) Winning money on a scratch card
33) Checking the last thing off on your to do list
34) Fairy lights
35) Knowing the answer to a tricky quiz question
37) Driving with the window down on a warm but windy day
38) Smiles from strangers
39) Fresh bedding
40) Ice in your drink
41) When you see something positive in the News
42) The day after food shopping
43) Snuggling into your bed after a stressful day at work
44) Catching up with old friends
45) Ice Skating
46) Hearing wedding bells
47) Getting extremely drunk and not having a hangover the next day
48) A job application or an interview going well
49) When someone remembers something irrelevant (but still nice thing) that you said
50) BEING ALIVE
So remember, there is ALWAYS something to be happy about.
Even just writing this list made me feel happy.Let me know in the comments if you have any more ideas to add!